From JT –
I have a few questions to ask you.
1. What are your equivalent (perhaps exact but different names) of the following simmons models
Simmons Exceptionale Riggins Visco Plush Firm
Simmons Exceptionale Baxter Latex Luxury Firm
2. I’ve heard some people mentioned that Simmons mattresses will sag quicker than Sealy mattresses. Is that true ?
3. I weight 150 lbs and my wife weight 115 lbs. What would be a reasonable estimated time (in years) to see the sagging with the above mattresses ?
4. It seems like Simmons have models that are firmware than Sealy and Simmons edge seems to be firmer as well. Is that true ?
5. In your opinions based on your experiences, with similar materials and firmness, is there really any difference between Simmons and Sealy ?
1. The Riggins is the same model as our Lusaka Visco Plush Firm and the Baxter Latex Luxury Firm is the same as our Fondulac Latex Luxury Firm.
2. Simmons Beautyrest carry the same life expectancy as many other manufacturers -10 years. I haven’t heard of customers having more problems with Simmons than any other brand, the mattress shouldn’t sag and your warranty protects against any sagging that affects spinal alignment.
3. I would expect a Simmons Beautyrest will last you about 10-14 years.
4. Simmons does have a reinforced edge support that is both supportive and durable. You won’t find this style of edge with any of their competitors until you reach the $2,000 price point.
5. Simmons uses an individually pocketed coil designed to reduce the amount of motion that’s transferred from one end of the mattress to the other whereas Sealy uses a tied coil unit built to offer a stiffer support overall.
If you still have questions and would like to speak with a member of our sales staff, please give us a call at 1-800-455-1052.