Simmons Westin Heavenly Bed

UPDATE: This information is outdated.  See our latest post for relevant information on The Westin Heavenly Bed and comparable models.

From Kelly-

Hi:
Could you let me know what current Simmons mattress you carry is most similar to the Westin Heavenly bed?

Hi Kelly,

The Westin Heavenly Bed is actually an older model that is no longer manufactured by Simmons.  The closest current Simmons model is the Simmons Beautyrest Classic Pomona in a Plush or Pillowtop – depending on what the specific Westin you visited used.

Here is the link to this model in a Plush and Pillowtop on our website;

10 Responses to Simmons Westin Heavenly Bed

1. Kathy says:

which Simmons mattress is closest to the Beautyrest Classic Firm plush top?

2. Kelly says:

I’m confused by your response that the Westin Heavenly bed is no longer manufactured by Simmons – I’m sure you are aware that Nordstrom is licensed to sell it and their website references the fact that it’s a Beautyrest. Please see the link below:

I really want to order a Simmons mattress through your website, but I need to have confidence in your knowledge since I won’t be able to try your mattress until after I’ve bought one. Could you please help clear this up? I’m ready to buy from your store, but I need your help in this matter.

3. Brenda says:

@Kelly

The Westin heavenly bed is advertised as an “experience” on Westin’s website because you are not only sleeping on a good quality Simmons mattress, but they are also adding multiple layers of bedding and linens to create the full comfort level. There is a Down Topper among other things.

This “Heavenly Bed” was initially launched in 1999 by the Westin Hotel chain, and this mattress was made specially for them. So even though you are finding this mattress on Nordstrom’s website, it is not the same as the mattress offered in the hotel chain.

• Kelly says:

@Brenda

Thanks for your reply, but it does not address my questioning the original response from US Mattress stating “The Westin Heavenly Bed is actually an older model that is no longer manufactured by Simmons.” I am still confused by this response due to the fact that Nordstrom still offers this bed that is obviously manufactured by Simmons based on their description I “cut and pasted” from their website:

What makes the Westin Heavenly Bed® so comfortable?

•The Beautyrest® Patented Coil Construction features individually Pocketed Coils™ made of pre-compressed heavy gauge steel. This allows each coil to adjust individually to the weight and contour of the sleeper’s body.
      •Two rows of Mega Edge support coils provide outer-edge firmness and motion support benefit.
      •The pre-compressed ‘powerpacked’ coils create a desirable tension so the coil is always ready to spring back and help retain the shape of the mattress and prolong its life.
      •Pocketed Coils™ also reduce pressure points from pushing against the body, which no other innerspring mattress can do.
      •There is no metal-to-metal contact, as each coil is encased in a fabric pocket, which eliminates sound from the sleeper’s movements.
      •The high-performance Triton foundation is built to last and can support up to 2,000 pounds.

Assuming that the original response from your firm was in error: could you please let me know which Simmons mattress offered by US Mattress is closest to the Westin Heavenly bed manufactured by Simmons? I understand your statement about the “experience” having to do with extra sheets, pillows, etc.., but I am just interested in the best mattress match based on the Heavenly bed’s mattress description. Thanks for your help with this request.

• Erin says:

@ Kelly –

In your original question from Wed. Jan 12th, you had asked about the Simmons Westin Heavenly Bed, in which I was under the impression you meant their hotel version. The model Nordstrom’s sells, is not the same one used in the Westin hotel chain. This is where the confusion lies. So while Nordstrom’s sells a model by Simmons under this name, it is not the same mattress Simmons sold to the Westin starting in 1999.
        I hope this clears up the confusion a bit.
        The model on our website closest to the Westin Heavenly Bed used at the actual Hotel is the Pomona – but based on Nordstrom’s specs, it would be the Paley.
        I had previously emailed you asking you to give me a call so we could discuss the complexity of this scenario over the phone.
        Please feel free to call me.
        1-800-455-1052 ext 2239
        Erin – Sales Rep 8 yrs

4. Beth says:

I am in the market to buy a new mattress, but as I have discovered, the major discount stores who are always having sales, and advertise they will beat any one elses price, NONE of them SELL the Westin Heavenly Bed.

In this discussion, you must be leaving something out.

I stay at Westin Hotels and they are still selling all their bedding products, so how can you say they are no longer making the beds.

I am also a Nordstrom shopper, I was just in their Tysons Corner Virginia store yesteday and they had 3 Westin Heavenly beds in their “gift department” on display, along with towels, sheets, shower heads, etc.

Again you told the person above, the Nordstrom bed is NOT the hotel bed. Then how come all the folders they gave me said Westin Heavenly BED.

What is the true story here?

5. Shana Mack says:

Nordstrom has actually sold the Westin Heavenly Mattress since at least 2005, as my receipt and warranty documents state.. Purchased 12/3/2005 from Nordstrom in Paramus, NJ. My husband and I love it! It was worth every penny and then some. We actually purchased it as a wedding gift for my daughter a few weeks ago. So, no it is not an older model. It is no surprise that you would rather speak to your client over the phone, rather than posted on a website. Well, and sell her a different product of course. There is no substitute Kelly! :)

6. Erica says:

Can you purchase the Heavenly Bed from the Westin? Is this bed still manufactured for the Westin?

7. Paul says:

The links above to the Simmons Beautyrest Classic Pomona in a Plush or Pillowtop do not work anymore. Is there a new model that is closest to the Westin Heavenly?

8. JP says:

As a average consumer, I’ve noticed that the mattress name game is sacrosanct and that retailers will not ever publicly acknowledge or identify that this mattress is the same as that mattress. In private, they are happy to share….